Thursday, 24 November 2011

Totally Not Typing This During Question Time

Konnichiwa!

Let's start off with the biggest story: I went to the White Rose Centre again! I jest, that isn't the most interesting thing that has happened to me this past fortnight but let's face it, it is DEFINITELY worth mentioning nonetheless. And yes I did have a milkshake whilst I was there. From the GOOD place upstairs.

Contrary to what some people think, Parks & Recreation is the best show so far this TV season. Community has also returned to being excellent and damnit Office, how can you remain this good after 7+ years?! Anyhow, James Spader is a legend and we have not decided to watch The Practice after all... (Boston Legal was indeed awesome and everyone should watch it! Now! Especially if you can get a season for only £5 like I did a year ago.)

Also contrary to what some people think...damnit, I have forgotten what I was going to say here. Damn you Question Time. Next!

I had an ECG test yesterday! That was weird. And took an entire hour! How can a hospital open its cardio-respiratory department for only THREE hours each weekday! Insaaane. Anyhow, that was interesting. And calm down my millions of fans/readers, I am absolutely fine, no need to worry (but I won't be revealing my medical history on a public blog now so...yes). Hello!

The nephew bit my face! Yes, as part of his hugging and touching my face, he decided to help his teeth develop by attempting to bite my cheek. These babies are violent! Having said that, he very much enjoys his jumping/jumperoo/whatever-you-call-it toy. Most definitely did not record a video on my phone for my amusement.

The trains! They are still horrible, nothing new to report here.

University! The thing that takes up most of time. Going well. We shall see how it goes in the future...! Well, what can I mention. That the most expensive book I've had to buy at £52 is only 220 pages, yay. And that...well, you know, it's going on. Oh! I have the opportunity to write a personal development plan as...well, I say "write" - it can take any form I like. A standard report/essay thing, a physical model that can be made, a short story, anything! How a short story would be written to fulfil the given criteria of a personal development plan...you tell me. But I am looking into a video! Yay etc. How would I even edit the thing.... These are the questions I am pondering over before I decide what to do. Wow, I have bored you all, let's move on! Or in fact, a picture!

Mr Spader himself!

Oh, that's what it was what I wanted to say earlier. Contrary to what some people might think, I will indeed read Jonathan Franzen's "Freedom" and Steve Jobs' biography as well as those seven books I was able to buy for less than £11 online. (Pristine, new hardbacks! Pristine I tell you!)

I need a new phone! My contract is up soon but for some reason I cannot find a contract that even MATCHES my current tariff let alone one that is cheaper. That's O2 and every other network for you (but especially O2 because they are literally thieves - BOOM!), ahem. Suggestions?! The new Nokia is something I saw in person two days ago. Very nice...!

I think that covers it for now. I will blog again soon! Hope all of you are doing well!


This is great! It was played as an intro to The Verge's podcast a week or so ago (The Verge is a great tech website, read!) - and I listen to maaaany podcasts. Anyone else??

Sweet dreams.

Emad.

4 comments:

itscomplicated said...

Are you ok???? Why did you have an ECG??? ARE U OK??????? I don't you don't want to reveal ur medical history on your blog but you can't write things like that without getting people worried!
You should totally do a video or a story. I want to do a video for this creative project I'm doing next term, even though I haven't got a script yet, or a half decent camera, or half decent editting software. But I will do it! You should to :)
Are you sure you're ok??

Purple Pyro said...

Totally jealousse of your ECG, man. I want one dammit! Or to at least see what it looks like :D And yes, you need to reassert that you are fine, lol.

The Office is the best simply because nothing else would remain that good for that long :D

Stop saying I'm wrong about stuff! All this 'contrary' stuff, pfft. I am right about everything.

The nephew sounds adorable :P How sweet!

GET READING FREEDOM DAMMIT!

*waaaaaaaaaaaves*
:)

Rosie said...

I feel that I am missing out on something vital having never been to the White Rose Centre. If you're in the area, is it a recommended tourist attraction?

James Spader is wonderful. He looks so different now compared to when he was in say... Pretty in Pink *swoons*

I agree with the previous comment - it is cruel telling us you got an ECG and then not telling us what for! But it's your business, and you say you are fine, so we shall have to take your word on that *glares*.

O2 is ridiculously expensive :(. I hate phones. Or rather, I hate that we cannot seem to do without them now. Whatever happened to the good old days when people would send telegrams?

Podcasts are great things! Although I kind of miss the interruptions for news/weather/traffic reports. Radio must be like the best medium to work in ever :). So many collaborations with interesting people and discussions and you can show up in your pj's and NO ONE cares! Wonderful.

Hope your heart continues to be fine, and that you find a new phone soon!

Emad said...

@ItsComplicated: I AM FINE MAN! It was nothing, seriously, calm down etc. "Nothing to see here" =P
You think I will not be using the video setting on my standard point and shoot camera? =P Or even my pocket camcorder? As for editing...I'll have to look into some software!
And yeeees, I am fine lol, write for your video! =D

@Hummus: Yes I am fine! Boom. And okay medical student, we get it etc =P
The Office is indeed great! JAMES SPADER!
You are indeed right about certain stuff. Very small, minor, irrelevant details lol.
YOU READ!

@Rosie: Yes, it is a tourist attraction! I jest, it's just a shopping centre so you know...woo, capitalism etc.
True, he does look much different now but he's great because he's one of those actors that doesn't mess around with silly costumes and make-up to act. Woo for him!
Again, I am FINE MAN! =P
Ja, O2 are officially eww. And yes! Even if our phones can do all these things...you know, battery life please...lol.
Oh yes! Radio 4 is where it's at, right? =P
Thanks =)