Saturday, 28 January 2012

January Madness

Konnichiwa!

DAMNIT JANUARY I HATE YOU. 

So yes, I have been away because...well, take a wild guess... University exams! Bloody exams. The examination culture in this country is just absurd.

I have been doing literally nothing interesting. Revision in my room with the help of green tea and other nibbling. EMAD WILL GET BACK TO THINNESS SOON. I have made a personal vow to "stop the talk and walk the walk" or however you say it. I have a pile of colourful medium-sized t-shirts that need to be worn again as I have slowly but continuously expanded after leaving school a few years ago. This already sounds familiar to a certain Hummus' latest blog post...

But that's because exams are war! Students versus lecturers in a waffly verbal battle of the written word. That didn't make sense but my point was certainly made. My exams are over but I do have a wonderful 10 minute RECORDED interview (dictaphone or camcorder, which one - still not known) this Friday which will technically complete exam season. But the usual "sit in silence and do this you wussies!" has been completed. I think I've said this two or three times already but I can't read what I have already typed.

However, unlike the world of Hummus, I have not received my results back in lightning speed. It could be up until the beginning of March when I receive the news of imminent failure/success - DAMN YOU UNIVERSITY MARKING. And the fact I have to wait for the board of examiners to meet for the school of biology AND chemistry. Maybe even the school of agriculture, food and rural development (the school that "manages joint honours students). That's what you get for taking a joint honours course I guess.

I've typed 3 full paragraphs already? Jees. So yes. Erm...I watched Moneyball and it was awesome? And it's strange how Melissa McCarthy AND Jonah Hill are now Oscar nominees?

Yeah. I need to get back to living. But oh wait. I have a pretty full Monday and Tuesday next week. And then what's that Emad? You have 5 lectures and then labs on the following Monday giving you a "9-to-5" day without a break? Oh. Glad I'm not in your shoes.


I'm not cranky. Now where is my Xbox damnit!

I have changed my background to (I think) a photo of daisies. Because I am a "sensitive flower". Thank you biology teacher from 6th form!

HOMELAND. If there is ONE televisual show you start to watch and immediately finish due to its awesometicity, it's Homeland. I cannot stress how awesome this is. Do not read up too much about it as it may spoil it for you! All you need to know is that Damien Lewis (of all people...) plays a marine who was held PoW by a bunch of terrorists for years and years, comes back to America safe and sound, but Clare Danes thiiiiinks something fishy is going on. Just watch it folks!


Okay so that was the only interesting thing I did in the past few weeks. But I am back now! And so many films to watch, books to read, weight to lose, games to play, lectures to attend blah blah blah. Here's to 2012 etc!


 
Sweet dreams.


Emad.

5 comments:

Aunty Em said...

Hey Emad! Great to have you back too! So exams... I remember feeling like this about them. I was SOoooooo sick of exams and public transport I vowed never to put myself through them again. So I havent used public transport for about 10 years lol and the last time I sat an exam, (like with the whole clock watching and invigilator with creaky shoes), for about 15 years! yes im old i know but exam free!!! There is light at the end of this academic tunnel... hang on in there!

Emad said...

HELLO AUNTY EM!
Oh yeah, the whole "I am young and I want to be older" thing kids sometimes say? I WANT THAT TO BE THE CASE NOW. Far too many capital letters, I apologise - I am not shouting at you! =P
But I wish examinations were over forever. And public transport is HORRIBLE. A cousin who hasn't used it in years almost had a heart attack when my brother told him of train ticket prices. Damn them lol.
Ever have any creepy invigilators? Because Hummus and I can definitely tell you about one or two...!
Thank you, glad you still read my blog!
Hope you're well =)

Purple Pyro said...

JANUARY IS INDEED A TYRANT.

Lol, we will both stop the talk and walk the walk before walking becomes physically impossible for us.

You shall be fine. Though obviously, I am aware of the pain of weaiting for results. Just PFFFT.

You are indeed a sensitive flower boy. And HOMELAND! Wooooo! lol. Best waste of time in a long time.

We shall persevere man. :)

*waaaaaaaaaaaaves*

Rosie said...

Personally I like January but that's probably because I don't have exams during it. And you lots' exams just sound absurdly like prolonged Medieval torture. I like the phrase 'examination culture'. Is it a culture now?

Alright, instead of doing a running commentary on your blogpost I'm just going to a blanket "I laughed heartily at your bitterness" and move on.

I heard Moneyball was v. good and then that Jonah Hill had to go and ruin his credibility by being in The Babysitter. Also, Melissa McCarthy is up for an Oscar :D? Whatever for :D?! By any chance for Gilmore Girls :D?! I realise this is unlikely. But she is wonderful.

Daisies are lovely, do not be ashamed of your love for them.

I'm not one for TV after the whole Lost fiasco, but Homeland does sound intriguing, if only because Claire Danes is in it. (Did you ever see My So-Called Life? She is excellent in it, as are the whole cast.)

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RECORDED INTERVIEW AND WITH THE UN-SPEEDY RESULTS. Imminent success is coming your way!

Emad said...

@Hummothy: I BET YOU KNOW A THING OR TWO ABOUT TYRANNY =P Remain calm lol.
I think we should stop that from happening by chainsawing the excess. Problem solved! =D
HOMELAND IS AWESOME.
And well, we shall see...
=)

@Rosie: DAMNIT. You do realise you are disliked by all those who do have exams, automatically! Jealous =P
Lol, thanks, your blog posts are usually funnier than mine when they are funny.
Well he made The Babysitter ages ago so we shall avoid discrediting him. After all, I saw him in Evan Almighty man! And lol, nein, she's up for Bridesmaids. Wow...! She was hilarious in it after all.
Do you like daisies? What is your opinion on snowdrops? =P
Never saw that but ja, she basically hasn't ever been in anything dramatically crap =S!
Thanks =) But again, we shall see...!
=D