Saturday, 31 March 2012

What Can I Call My Blog Post Because It Has Been So Long

Konnichiwa!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! Seriously, I thought you were going to blog more this year but clearly you have ended up taking the micky etc.

So anyhow, George Galloway, I know right? Just bizarre. But how bad was the Conservative PR machine yesterday? A certain S.Warsi was on Radio 4, then a news interview, THEN another interview on the BBC News website which was used as part of Newsnight last night.... What the hell! And really, how can she complain about Labour losing - SHE WAS BEATEN IN JEWSBURY IN 2005! And she clearly cannot connect to people in West Yorkshire as the Cons lost just as badly in the by-election. Seriously politicians, shh. Retards.

I have been busy! Well, of course things have indeed happened since my blog post - again, I apologise.

I hate Scottish people! Or rather, Scottish people dislike me. Severely. There was one incident which I have actually forgotten involving a Scottish person being mean to me, so of course I can't mention that. And the other was a lecturer/tutor who was a complete pill also. So, Scottish people, be nice! Please! Jees. (And seriously, stop with the independence thing, it's just silly.)

EXAMS! Argh! Life has slowly devolved into the spectacularly fun days of revision. Inorganic and organic chemistry. Microbiology. Biotechnology. Other stuff. Just all fun. And it's much more fun spending the time revising all alone in your flat. Woo... But at least the library is just down the road, fun. No people, I have not hit the limit of books students can take out on loan...

Portal 2! It's a fun game which I bought for PC (first PC I have bought in YEARS) with voice work from Stephen Merchant and JK Simmons. Everyone should be a gamer! Why not etc.

I've mentioned before of a James Richardson who is a football presenting genius, whether on television or radio, and I'm pretty sure you may not care an ounce what I say about this topic.

...But someone has been uploading some CLASSIC clips of the very old Channel 4 Saturday morning show Gazetta Football Italia that used to air years ago (and would follow on a Sunday with a live Italian football match). It is veeery strange to see him with hair and no goatee in this VERY old episode...



The only reason I mention this is because I remember waking up late on a Saturday morning with my brother and watching this show, being able to name all the players and watching what was at the time the best league in Europe. It was always refreshing to hear amusing puns and a lack of fake enthusiasm on a sports show such as this. (Of course, it's only now I would understand the puns - thankfully there are one or two clips on YouTube from around 2001 which show his sudden baldness...!) And how could I not mention him sitting at an outdoor cafe with newspapers and a piece of cake in EVERY broadcast! Thankfully, this tradition has continued on the internet where he presents The Guardian's newspaper round-up every Friday. Veeeery big mistake of Channel 4 to ditch this amazing programme. Luckily I have ESPN, where they show Italian games and James Richardson sometimes presents, woop!

No, I like THIS pier!
 
And in all seriousness, I came across this spectacular photo a few days ago. This is MY life so far in 2012! It's more bluey! Yaaay. I saw this on the Lifehacker website a few days but I can't seem to find where this place is. It looks cool!

When I came back to Newcastle a week or so ago, the taxi driver taking me from the station to my flat was talking about very light-hearted topics. You know, him being in the army and being stationed in Ireland when Protestants and Catholics were at it. And so he went on about this non-amusing topic by asking me (when we were outside the flat) what I would do/have done if my best friend died in action in front of me. Wow... I said what everyone else would probably say in this situation: nothing.

How can you respond to a question like that? Very difficult. I first had to try and picture a friend or even anyone I recognised fighting. And myself.

He acknowledged my inability to answer this and said that anyone would be so happy in the moment that it wasn't them and would even "kiss the best friend's backside for saving your life and stopping you from being killed instead"...but that you'd live the rest of your life living with regret...

...And on that bombshell?? Hmm, it certainly puts your own life and problems in perspective.

Sweet dreams.

Emad.

5 comments:

Aunty Em said...

Hey Emad! Its been ages! Nice to have you back with us. Yes, S.Warsi is painfully annoying! She has 0 charisma and is a big let down. The image looks Scottish Highlandish, im sure i can see heather in the background. So how long have you got at Newcastle now? Can you see the light...?

Rosie said...

If I was more politically savvy I would join in with your astonishment at the George Galloway fiasco. Although I did listen to Peter Allen on Drive yesterday for a bit talking about it. That counts for something, right?

DUDE. How can you say you hate Scottish people when you have a loyal Scottish reader?! Do you WANT to be in the sequel to NEDS?!

LOVELY PIER MATE. I couldn't find where mine was either! Humaira and Lexie should take our lead and include pictures of piers which express their current life status in their next posts!

And, omigoodness, that conversation could ONLY take place in a taxi, and be initiated by a taxi driver. Hey, wait, Taxi Driver...? Hmm...

GOOD LUCK WITH EXAMS EMAD. Chin up, only a few weeks to go and then SUMMMMMMMMMMMER! :D

Emad said...

@Aunty Em

It has been ages! I apologise, I had a no-fun results week and then a lot of going back and forth home but everything seems to be fine now, phew.

She is literally just a whole load of atoms mangled together. Incredibly useless! =P

Well I'll be going home for a few days soon and then I shall be spending my last week of the Easter holidays (like I am doing now...!) in Newcastle and stay for a bit as I still have a few weeks of lectures before exams. Not fun!

How is everything with you! How have you been doing?
=)

@Rosie

No! You should: watch PMQs, Newsnight (everyday), Question Time, This Week and keep note of The Daily Politics and The Politics Show, as your main almost-favourite shows and then you will indeed become politically savvy! =P Oh, you can be a token Scottish person: your views on independence? Please say no...ahem.

I don't! I joked by saying that in order to point out Scottish people hate ME! Of course I am super honoured you read my blog and you are very welcome but the cliche of polite Scots needs to return soon! =D

I gave the wallpaper/photo of the same pier to Humaira so she can't use that! THEY MUST BLOG WITH PHOTOS OF PIERS!

What is it with taxi drivers! Lol.

Oh dear... Good luck to you too! Well, hopefully after university there won't be any more exams EVER AGAIN! =D But I doubt it...
=P

Purple Pyro said...

We dislike her ¬_¬ But I still refuse to be any more into politics than this, lol.
Well I continue to find all Scottish people awesome, and likewise :D lol
The exams stuff...just a blip on the radar!
And I kind of want to play Portal 2 now.
...*Moves on from Football things that make no sense to me*

I think that pier is just beautiful and have to go there now dammit!

Also howcome you didn't mention the taxi driver?! That is the weirdest conversation ever! I'dve been pretty silent too :| So much for taxi conversations only ever extending to 'So...you busy tonight?'

itscomplicated said...

I don't get this whole Galloway thing. I've heard so many opposing views about him/it and don't know enough myself...also pretty sure a family friend was in his campaign team...I need to know more about politics!
I kinda think they should have independence...
I hate taxi driver conversations! I never know what to say, how much to reveal, how much to lie...but that has to be one of the weirdest conversations ever!